Task Admins can use settings to generate tasks for automated use of the Chatmeter Workflow task management and productivity tool. The settings specify rules that govern which reviews or listings are selected to be subject of automated task notifications, who receives the notifications, and assigned due dates.
In this article, learn:
For more information about using Workflow, see Using Chatmeter Workflow in the Home—Snapshot and Tasks section of the Chatmeter Support Center.
Creating rules for a task
Follow these steps to create rules for a task. In this example, we’re configuring a review task.
- To access the Workflow settings to manage auto-generated Workflow tasks, go to Settings (cog icon) (Features) > Tasks to display the Tasks page. This example has no task rules set up yet. By default, the Reviews tab shows up when you display the Tasks page. It contains a summary of current rule sets. You can expand an existing rule set to see the details by selecting it.
- To create rules for a task to respond to reviews, select Respond to Reviews Draft.
- Supply the details you’d like to include for the review task rules. In this example, we created a review task for responding to 3-star Facebook reviews, assigned it to an employee, and created a deadline for response.
- When you’ve completed your draft set of rules, select Add Rule. The task with the new rules shows up below the draft.
The new task rule set shows up on the Tasks page on the Reviews tab now. Next time the Chatmeter system identifies a review that matches the rule in location, account, or group, the task will be sent automatically to the assignee set up in the rules, with the specified due date and priority.
To configure settings for rules for listings tasks, follow the steps used for setting rules for reviews tasks above. On the Listings tab, see the draft dialogs for rules for the following tasks:
- Add Listing
- Delete Duplicate Listing
- Update Listing Details
- Optimize Listing
Managing rules settings
To manage rules settings, on the Tasks page, you can:
Create new task rules
Task Admins can create new rules for tasks by cloning all or parts of an existing set of rules. Follow these steps:
- On the Tasks page, find the task rule set you’d like to use as the base for your new rule set.
- Select the two-layer icon to display the Clone Rule Settings dialog.
- Select the settings you’d like to include.
- On the resulting page, edit any additional settings you need. In this case, the title had to change, as well as the provider.
- Select Save Settings to save your rule set, which now appears on the Tasks page.
Sort and search for task rules
From the Tasks page, you can sort tasks by type from the All Types selector. You can also type into the Search Tasks field to find tasks.
Delete task rules
To delete task rules, follow these steps:
- On the Tasks page, find the task rule set you’d like to delete. In this case, we’re deleting the Respond to FB 3-star Reviews task rules.
- To delete the task rule, select the x-mark at the end of the row.
- A confirmation dialog displays. Select Delete.
- The Respond to FB 3-star Reviews task rules set no longer appears on the Tasks page.
Article is closed for comments.