People who need to use your business’s Chatmeter accounts through LocationHQ must be configured as users on the account. In this article, learn to add and change capabilities and access permissions assigned to LocationHQ users on your LocationHQ accounts.
In most cases, your users will have been set up for you by the Chatmeter team during the onboarding process. If you need to make changes to users, you need a user role with the User Management permission setting. For information about roles and permissions settings, see Managing LocationHQ User Roles.
When users are configured for LocationHQ, the following information is associated with their username:
- Account—The business account to which the user will have access
- Username—We recommend you use their email address for username; the username must be unique in the Chatmeter database
- First Name and Last Name
- User Type—Your choice of user type associates the role the user will fulfill in their work on LocationHQ. Four standard role (user type) choices are Account Admin, Location Admin, Reseller Admin, and Standard. You can also create custom roles.
- Additional Permissions—Depending on the user’s roles, they might need additional permissions for Review Builder or Analytics Studio tasks
- Notification Preferences—How the user wishes to receive LocationHQ notifications
To add a new LocationHQ users, follow these steps:
- To access the Users page, go to Settings (cog icon) > Users.
- From the Account selector, scroll to or find the account for which you’d like to add a user.
- Select Add New User.
- Fill in the details for the new user. In the example, we selected Location Admin for User Type. For more information about user roles (user type), see Managing LocationHQ Roles (User Types).
- Select Save. The new user now shows on the Users page for the account.
Changing user capabilities and access
To change user capabilities and access, you use the Actions icons on the Users page. Actions include:
- Edit user (pencil icon)—Opens the Users Edit pane. You can change any of the information associated in the account with that user except for the username.
- Edit groups for user (plus drop icon)—Opens the Edit User’s Groups You can associate a user who has an Account Admin or an Account Reseller role with additional groups to manage or remove groups.
- Edit locations for user (place drop icon)—Opens the Edit User’s Locations pane where you can select to Display All Locations and select those you’d like to associate with the user
- Edit accounts for user (person icon)—Opens the Edit User’s Accounts pane where you can select the accounts you’d like to associate with the user
- Edit tasks for user (tick icon)—Depending on the user’s role, this icon opens the System Generated Tasks dialog to allow configuration of auto-generated tasks.
- Open new tab as user (open out icon)—Opens a LocationHQ instance under the user’s profile
- Remove user (trash icon)—Removes this user after confirming through a confirmation dialog
Article is closed for comments.