In this article, learn how to create a custom report to communicate information gleaned from data Chatmeter has stored based on its monitoring of your business’s reviews, listings, social activity, workflow, Pulse, and campaigns. You’ll also learn how to export components of your reports to CSV files for use in other projects and to schedule reports to run as often as needed.
For information about using standard report templates, see Managing Analytics Studio Email Reports.
If you haven’t created a report before, read about the components and data you can use in Analytics Studio reports in the help article Components Used in Analytics Studio Reports.
If you find you’re not able to create a report or add a component to a report, you may have hit your account’s report or component limit, which depends on the specifics of your Chatmeter billing account. For more information, get in touch with your Customer Success Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creating custom reports
To create a custom report using Analytics Studio, follow these steps:
- Login to your Chatmeter account in LocationHQ.
- Go to Insights (Analytics Studio) > Custom Reports to display the My Reports page.
- Select Create Report (or you can select the Create Custom Report) to display the templates for a new report or a blank report template.
- Select a template. In this example, we selected a blank report template.
- Type a Report name and Report description into the text fields. You can change them later if needed.
- To begin to add components to your report, select the + button to open the component and data source selector.
- After you’ve selected a component and a data source, you’ll see the component you’ve created previewed on the right.
- Select Customize to display the options for configuring and filtering the component and data selected.
- Review the default configurations and filters for the component. If needed, you can change them, selecting different settings for the various factors. You can also add or remove configuration settings. You can edit, add, or remove filters. Make sure you change your title and description of the component to match any changes.
- When you’re satisfied with your component, select Insert to add it to your report.
- You can Save the report now, then continue to work on it.
To edit the component you just added, select the Options (three-dot) icon right of the component name and select Edit. Make changes, then select Insert.
To add a column with another component to your report, select the plus sign in the menu to the right of the component.
Select the plus sign to go through the component and source selection and configuration process.
- To add a row to your report, select Add Row.
- To delete a component, select the Options (three-dot) icon right of the component name and select Delete.
- To move rows up or down, select the up arrow icon or the down arrow icon from the menu to the right of the component.
Exporting components from reports
To export components in your reports to use in other documents or projects, follow these steps:
- In the report containing the component you want to export, select Edit.
- In the component that you’d like to export, select the Options (three-dot) icon and select Export.
- The CSV file downloads automatically to your computer.
Article is closed for comments.