Learn how to assign a user the user role settings that are used to manage access to Analytics Studio.
These are the user role settings that are used to manage user access to Analytics Studio:
- In the Feature Access section, enable Show Analytics Studio
- In the Email Alerts section, enable Show Email Alerts, Create Email Alerts, and Email Alert Management
- In the Reports section, enable Edit Analytics Studio and, if using Query Builder,, Data Explorer Access
Setting up a user role for using Analytics Studio
Follow these steps to assign settings to a user role, which you’ll add to the user’s profile of a user who will work with Analytics Studio.
Follow these steps:
- Login to your Chatmeter account in LocationHQ.
- Select the Settings (cog) icon from the top navigation bar on the right.
- Select User Roles from the left navigation menu.
- To create a user role for Analytics Studio use, select + Add New Role to display the Add New Role dialog.
- Type a name for the role.
- Select Save. You’ll see a confirmation and the role appears on the User Roles page.
- Select the edit (pencil) icon next to AnalyticsStudioUser to access the Settings page so that you can select settings for the user role.
- Scroll to the Feature Access settings.
- Select the Show Analytics Studio setting to add it to the Enabled list.
- Scroll to the Email Alerts section and select and drag the Show Email Alerts, Create Email Alerts, and Email Alert Management settings to move them to the Enabled section.
- Scroll to the Reports section and select the Edit Analytics Studio setting to move it to the Enabled section. If you're using Query Builder, drag Data Explorer Access to Enabled, too.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Save.