On the Insights tab, you’ll find metrics about your locations and groups appearances in Google and Yelp search results (desktop and mobile), views of your listings resulting from the searches, and actions viewers took after viewing your listings. With this information, you can understand whether your listing goals are achieved, and get insight into how they could be improved.
You’ll find the search insights report on the Search Insights tab of the Insights (Dashboard) > Location Comparison page.
To structure your search insights report, use the Global Filter to select the locations, accounts, or groups you’d like to include.
Use the Page Filters to select the following factors to structure your report. Select:
- Whether you want to report Google or Yelp metrics
- Duration, by default Last 3 Months. You can select another duration or your own custom range.
- Whether you want to report locations or groups
The report includes slightly different data depending on whether you’re viewing Yelp or Google metrics.
With Yelp, you’ll find the following data in the report’s columns. The report shows both numbers and percentage change from the previous period (green font for increase and red for decrease):
- Search Appearances including:
- Total Search Appearances—The number of times a listing appeared in search results
- Desktop Search Appearances—The number of times a listing appeared in search results on a desktop device
- Mobile Search Appearances—The number of times a listing appeared in search results on a mobile device
- Views from Search, including:
- Total Views—The number of times a listing was viewed in search results
- Desktop Views—The number of times a listing was viewed in search results on a desktop device
- Mobile Search Views—The number of times a listing was viewed in search results on a mobile device
- Actions, including:
- Total Actions—The total of all user actions on a listing
- Driving Directions—The number of driver directions and map view from a listing
- Messages—The number of messages initiated from a listing
- Mobile Check-Ins—The number of mobile check-ins from a listing
- Phone Calls—The number of phone calls initiated from a listing
- Photos Added—The number of photos added to the business profile
- Website Clicks—The number of website clicks initiated from a listing
You can reorder the data by clicking the up and down arrows in the column headings.
To download the data into a CSV file, select Download, then select Location Comparison. You can select whether you want to download by group or location. The download starts immediately.