In this article, learn how to create, schedule, and publish social posts through LocationHQ, including some provider-specific details.
Before you can create, schedule, and publish posts from LocationHQ, you must have associated:
- Your social provider account credentials with your Chatmeter account. See Adding a credential.
- Your users’ roles with the settings they need for the part they play in creating, approving, and publishing social posts. See Managing User Role Settings for Publishing Social Posts.
Creating a post
To create a post, follow these steps:
- Login to your Chatmeter account in LocationHQ.
- Select Social > Publish to display the Publish page.
- Select Create a Post.
- From the provider pull-down, select the provider your post is to appear on.
- Select the account pages you’d like to post to from the Select… pull-down.
- Type or cut and paste the content of your post into the text field.
- To supply a link to a site, article, image, or video, select Add Link, enter the URL, and select Add.
You can add an image or one video with your textual content. (If you add a video, you can’t add a second video or images.) If you’ve added a URL you can’t add a photo or video.
- To add a video or image, select Add Photo or Video to display the Upload an image or video dialog. Format recommendations are as follows:
- Images must be .jpg, .gif, or .png
- Maximum 4MB image upload. We recommend files of fewer than 500KB for best results.
- Select an image from the Gallery or select Upload New Media to drag and drop a file.
If you want an image in the Gallery, you can type a filename into the filter to find it without scrolling.
If you select Upload New Media, you can also click in the drop area to browse to upload an image or video.
- To publish immediately, select Publish Now.
You’ll see your post listed in the calendar as Published. You can select it to see the details.
- To schedule a post to publish later, select the down caret on the Publish Now button to schedule the post.
- Select Later.
- Select the date and time you want to publish.
- Select Schedule. Now your post will be listed in the Social > Publish page calendar as Scheduled on the date you selected. Select it from the calendar to see details.
Note that you can edit or delete a post from the Publish page’s Post Details .
Provider-specific usage tips
Keep in mind these details that are specific to the providers:
- On Twitter, your tweet (post) text is limited to 280 characters
- On Instagram, you must have at least two characters of text
- On Google, you have a choice of four types of posts—see Publishing to Google for details