You can reply directly to ApartmentGuide, Cars.com, Facebook, Google, Trustpilot, and Yelp directly from LocationHQ through LocationHQ. For other listing providers, you must go to the original source of the review and login to that site to respond.
Before you respond to reviews on Facebook, Google, Trustpilot, and Yelp directly from LocationHQ, you must first enter your credentials into LocationHQ so that Chatmeter can access your listing information from those providers. You don’t have to enter credentials on LocationHQ for ApartmentGuide or Cars.com.
Provider-specific requirements for third-party credentials
Some providers require preliminary or additional steps to enable direct responses from LocationHQ, including Facebook, Google, and Yelp. Make sure you’ve done the following before you add credentials for these providers:
For Facebook accounts you want to sync with LocationHQ, the following is needed:
- The Facebook account added to LocationHQ must have the Manage Page permission for all pages that you want to sync with LocationHQ
- To select which Facebook or Instagram pages you want LocationHQ to access, when you add the Facebook account into LocationHQ, select Edit Settings turn access on or off for the pages
For Google accounts you want to sync with LocationHQ, the following is needed:
- The account you enter in LocationHQ must own the Google pages
- The page must have been verified
- There must be no duplicate pages
For Yelp accounts you want to sync with LocationHQ, the following is needed:
- The account for which the credentials are entered must have had the pages with the Yelp business account claimed
- The business must not have been marked as closed by Yelp
Adding a Third-party Credential
- Login to your Chatmeter account in LocationHQ.
- Go to Settings > Third-Party Credentials.
- Select +Add Credential to display the list of possible third-party providers for which you can add credentials. Select the one you need.
- Chatmeter sends you to the provider's site that you’ve selected. Follow the steps requested to provide credentials.
- The provider's site will give you a success notification online before returning you to the Chatmeter site. You can also see that your credentials and their expiration date will appear in the Credential List.
Once you’ve entered credentials for the providers, you’re ready to respond to reviews.
Circumstances requiring repeating the addition of a credential
Under some circumstances you might need or want to repeat the process of adding credentials to your LocationHQ account, including:
- If the credentials for your listing provider expire, you need to re-enter them into LocationHQ
- If the permissions in the third-party account change or pages are added or removed, the quickest way to ensure that the changes are reflected in LocationHQ is to repeat the process of adding the credential