You can use LocationHQ to add a new location with the details needed for listings.
See Provider-specific Information for Adding or Updating Listings for information about how location details are passed to listing providers.
To add a new location, follow these steps:
- Login to your Chatmeter account in LocationHQ.
- Go to Locations > Locations to display the Locations page.
- From the Locations page, select Create Location to display the Add Location page.
- As you fill in the basic details, the dialog expands so that you can provide more information. If the location matches a Google location, it auto-populates with available location data.
- When you’ve filled in the page, select Add New Location to display the Location Details page for your new location.
- Fill in the location details you want included in listings on the General tab. Make sure you fill in all the information as completely as you can. Mandatory fields are marked with asterisks (*). Note that the Primary Category field identifies the business/location’s Google Primary Category.
- Fill in your business hours on the Hours tab.
- In the Keywords tab, fill in keywords that you expect customers or clients will use to search on Google, Bing, and Yahoo to find your business. We recommend adding five to seven keywords, with a mix of branded and unbranded words.
- Select Review & Save.
- Review your location information. Select Continue Editing if you find errors to correct.
- When you’re satisfied, select Save. A yellow bar shows progress as the system saves your data and creates the new location, including the Location ID. When complete, the progress bar turns green and indicates Completed, and returns you to the Locations page. If you search for your new location, you’ll find it.
For information about disabling a location, see Disabling or Re-enabling Locations.