You can use LocationHQ to add a new location with the details needed for listings.
See Provider-specific Information for Adding or Updating Listings for information about how location details are passed to listing providers.
To add a new location, follow these steps:
- Login to your Chatmeter account in LocationHQ.
- Go to Locations > Locations to display the Locations page.
- From the Locations page, select Create Location to display the Add Location page.
- As you fill in the basic details, the dialog expands so that you can provide more information. If the location matches a Google location, it auto-populates with available location data.
- When you’ve filled in the page, select Add New Location. You'll see a success message.
- Select Continue to display the Location Details page for your new location.
- Fill in the location details you want included in listings on the General tab. Make sure you fill in all the information as completely as you can. Mandatory fields are marked with asterisks (*).
- The Primary Category field identifies the business/location’s Google Primary Category.
- The Opening Date field can be used to record the date the location opened. If the location you’re setting up hasn’t yet opened, list the date that it’ll open. In the case of an unopened location with a future date in Opening Date, for providers that use the field, listings for the location will appear on the opening date. For providers that don’t use the field, Chatmeter will send the request for the location listings a few days prior to the opening date.
Note that you can add Special/holiday hours or More hours to your listing. In addition, if you have purchased Listing Management, for Google listings, you can add additional sets of hours if needed. This is useful, for example, to publicize bar hours or happy hours for a restaurant.
After you've typed in the hours and saved the location details, the new hours will show up under More Hours on your Google listings.
For information about disabling a location, see Disabling or Re-enabling Locations.
Article is closed for comments.