If you’ve purchased Google Listing Management with your Chatmeter account, you’ll have a Google tab in your Location Editor. In this section, learn about Google attributes, including how to edit or add them to listings for your locations.
Google attributes are descriptive words that appear on your Business Profile on Google Search and Maps. You can use Google attributes to let people know what your business offers. In addition, you can use them to highlight important characteristics about your business, such as that you offer outdoor seating, Wi-Fi, or are Black-owned or women-led. Adding relevant, accurate attributes to your Business Profile helps your business stand out to those who find it on Google.
Some attributes, like "Black-owned," "Outdoor seating," or "Women-led" can be highlighted as icons on your Business Profile when customers find your business on mobile.
Google offers more than 250 attributes across industries, including attributes related to accessibility, lodging, payments, dining, planning, crowd type, activity type, offerings, languages spoken, and more. Some attributes are factual, which you can set, and some are based on your customers’ opinions, which you can’t configure. Chatmeter’s guide to Google attributes includes an extensive list of Google attributes.
Google determines which attributes each business location is eligible for based on its primary category and region. Most individual locations have fewer than 15 applicable attributes.
How to edit or add Google attributes
If you have Google Listing Management as part of your Chatmeter account, you can manage Google attributes for your locations through the Google tab in your Location Editor.
To update information for one location, follow these steps:
- Login to your Chatmeter account in LocationHQ.
- Go to Locations > Locations to display the Locations page.
- Select or find the location you want to edit to display the Location Details page.
- Select the Google tab.
- In the Attributes section, you can add, edit, or remove attributes.
- Select Review and Save. Review your changes.
- When you’re satisfied, select Save. After your changes have been applied, the progress bar turns green and indicates Complete. Saving the location pushes the changes to Google.
- When you select more than one location for editing, you will select from the complete list of Google attributes. The attributes you select are sent to Google for all locations, but only attributes deemed by Google as applicable for a location will be accepted and published to each listing.
- Google attributes currently appearing on listings are pulled into the dashboard each time a single location is opened.
- Single location attribute validation happens when one location is opened. Bulk location attribute validation happens at the time of the push because different locations may use different attributes (some common to all and some unique).
Article is closed for comments.