Learn how to find and resolve duplicate listings.
When Chatmeter detects more than one listing for a location, it selects the best match for your location as the primary listing. You can also enter a URL manually as a primary listing. Chatmeter labels additional listings as duplicates. Using data reported on the Locations > Duplicate Listings page, you can see which providers have duplicate listings for your locations.
If you have Listings Management, this data is broken down based on Managed Listings and Monitored Listings, accessible from the top tabs.
You can filter the Duplicate Listings Report using the Global Filter, which is accessible from the three-layer icon in the upper right to search for specific accounts, groups, or locations, or, through the Page Filter, to search for specific providers.
You can download the data results into a CSV-formatted file, sorted by either providers or locations.
How to get information about duplicate listings
To get information about the duplicate listings, follow these steps:
- Select the number next to the provider you’d like to know about.
- Scroll down to the pane below the Report pane to see the duplicate listings.
The Duplicate Listing pane shows the Primary Listing, the Expected Listing (based on your location data), and the Duplicate Listing.
How to resolve duplicate listings
To resolve duplicate listings, contact the listing provider to request that they merge your listings or remove duplicates. In some cases, such as Google or Facebook, you can initiate the actions yourself. See provider-specific information following:
- Facebook—Submit a request to Facebook support through your Ads Account to remove or give you access to the duplicate listing. Best practice is to remove it. If you want to merge duplicate listings, Chatmeter can request that Facebook merge them. If they aren’t willing to do so, you’ll need to delete one of the pages.
- Google—See Google’s help center article Remove or report duplicate businesses from bulk uploads. In other cases, you need to contact the provider’s customer support team. Visit the provider’s support site to look for directions.
- Yelp—Chatmeter can request that Yelp support resolve duplicates
- Bing—Chatmeter can submit duplicate listings to Bing to have them merged if the name/address match or the address is an exact match.
- Apple Maps—Chatmeter can submit requests to remove duplicate listings from Apple Maps. Listings that represent closed businesses at an address you now control can’t be merged. You must add the new one as a new listing.