If you are in the food service industry and are using Chatmeter's Listing Management solution, you may now save your menus for each location in the dashboard and Chatmeter will publish them to your Google listings!
To save and publish a menu:
- Visit the My Account > Manage Locations & Competitors page
- Select a location to edit or click the Bulk Edit button to update multiple locations with the same menu
- Click on the Menus tab
- Click the Download Template button to access a CSV copy of the spreadsheet for menu uploading
- Enter your menu data into the spreadsheet in the proper format and save the file to your computer.
- Note: for importing, the file must be saved as a CSV using UTF-8 encoding. This is the format the template downloads in so no action should be required, but if you run into any formatting issues and need help, check out these instructions from WebToffee.
- Drag the CSV file into the import window or click the Browse button to look for it in your computer files
- Use the menu preview to review your menu for accuracy. If you need to make any changes, click the Clear Menu button, revise your spreadsheet, and re-upload.
- When the menu looks good and you're ready to save and publish, click the Review Changes button.
- Click the Save and Submit Changes button to complete the saving process for that menu. Once saved, Chatmeter will automatically publish the menu to your Google listing(s) for that location(s) (with proper account credentials added to the dashboard).
To revise/replace a previously saved/published menu, use the same flow above, starting on step 7. Clear the current menu, upload a new one, and save it. Important: you need to upload the entire menu each time, not just what is changing. You are replacing an entire menu version each time.
To remove a menu without replacing it with a new version, simply clear the menu and save your changes. This will remove the menu from your listings as well.
Here are some formatting guidelines for adding your menu to the CSV upload spreadsheet:
|MenuInternalName||Required||An internal name used to identify a menu. This is not publicly displayed on your menu. For example, the name used by the point of sale or online ordering system from which the menu was exported.||At least one cell in the column must contain the name of the menu. Multiple unique menu names in one file is not currently supported.||San Diego Location Menu
San Diego Location Lunch Menu
San Diego Location Dinner Menu
|MenuLanguage||Optional||The language of the menu.||Uses ISO 639-1 two-letter language codes. Defaults to "en" (English) if blank.||en
|MenuPublishedName||Optional||The publicly viewable name for the menu.||Text||Brunch Menu
|MenuListId||Optional||An internal ID used to track a menu. This is not publicly displayed on your menu.||Typically numeric||23675|
|SectionName||Required||A category heading used to groups similar menu items.||If your menu doesn't have a need for sections, just use a single section named "Menu".||Breakfast
|SectionDescription||Optional||Description of a section.||Text||Breakfast items are served from 6am-11am.|
|SectionId||Optional||An internal ID used to track a menu section. This is not publicly displayed on your menu.||Typically numeric||9809|
|ItemId||Optional||An internal ID used to track a menu item. This is not publicly displayed on your menu.||Typically numeric||5638|
|ItemName||Required||Name of an item.||Text||Cheeseburger
|ItemPrice||Optional||Base price of a menu item.||Whole number or decimal numbers acceptable. Currency symbols are optional and will be added automatically if excluded.||10
|ItemCurrency||Optional||Currency code for an item.||3-digit ISO 4217 currency code. Defaults to "USD" (US Dollar) if blank.||USD
|ItemCalories||Optional||The number of calories in the base menu item.||A single integer. If a range is needed rather than a single value, use the item description field instead. Adding a Calorie label (i.e. "Cals" or "Calories") to your value is acceptable but not necessary; we add that automatically.||350
|ItemOption||Optional||Variations of a menu item resulting from differences in ingredients, size, or quantity.||Comma separated list. May include nutritional info or pricing with each item option (optional), but be careful to only use commas when entering a new item option.||Example 1 (Add-on Options):
Add Chicken $2.00,
Add Steak $3.00,
Add Shrimp $4.00
Example 2 (Size Options):
Small Pizza 1000 cals $10.99,
Medium Pizza 1600 cals $13.99,
Large Pizza 2200 cals $16.99
Example 3 (Quantity Options):
6 Boneless Wings $7.99,
9 Boneless Wings $9.99,
12 Boneless Wings $11.99
|ItemDescription||Optional||Description of a menu item.||Text||Choose your favorite style of chicken wings, available in a variety of flavors and portions.|
|Photo||Optional||A link to a menu item's photo.||URL where photo is hosted.||http://a.mktgcdn.com/p/e4TFji3x-Cos2J7QZnim-4JZGhd63KDXD33lw9qS_jU/1200x649.png|
|Url||Optional||A URL you would like to associate with the menu, for example its destination on your website.||URL||https://www.applebees.com/en/menu|
|ItemAllergens||Optional||Ingredients used in the menu item that could cause allergic reactions.||Text||Dairy
To have this feature activated for your account, please contact your Customer Success Manager or email email@example.com.