The first step to managing the information about your brand on Google is claiming your business via GMB (Google My Business). You will need a Google account in order to access GMB.
Chatmeter has launched capabilities that will allow users to claim Google listings, straight from the dashboard. This is currently available only for single location claiming and is available for all listings packages.
Steps to Claiming From the Dashboard:
- Navigate to the listing you wish to claim and look for the Verify Listing checkbox
- You can access this through Manage Listings or the Listing Optimization report
- After you've checked the verify listing box, select the Google User you wish to verify through
- You can manage the Google users in Chatmeter through External Logins
- Select your verification method, you can do this through Phone calls, SMS text, Email, or mailing postcard.
- Our listings team has found the easiest method to be through the mail-in postcard. This is because there is very little risk of the PIN not getting through
- When selecting Phone Call, ensure that the phone line does not have an automated answering system set up. The phone call will not go through
- Ensure your phone line is able to receive SMS text messages before selecting the SMS text method.
- Once you've received your PIN from GMB, enter the pin in the dashboard.
- You will see a checkmark confirming you've verified the listing.