Some businesses have already been verified by an owner or manager and have a Google My Business listing. The listing is owned by the person who verified the business. See if your business has already been verified by following these steps:
- Navigate to Google My Business
- Sign in with the Google account you use to manage your business
- Search for your business using its name and address (all fields)
- If your listing already exists, Google will show your listing and ask if this is the location you intend to create. If it doesn’t exist, you can create the listing right there and verify it.
- If your listing is already claimed, Google will tell you the listing has already been verified by an email and will provide the first two letters of that email along with an option to request ownership. If it is not claimed, you can claim and verify it right away.
- If you see a dialog letting you know that someone else has verified the business, click "request ownership" and answer completely
- Once completed, verify it in your Google My Business Account