You can create custom topics so that Pulse can find and analyze text that is meaningful to your company’s data analysis, but not included in the standard Pulse topics for your industry. When you create your own topics, the software finds every mention of the topic in the review.
On the Your Topics tab on the Pulse page (Insights (Dashboards) > Pulse), you can:
For information about how Pulse works, see the help article Customer Reviews Analysis Through Pulse.
View custom categories
To see the custom categories and topics that have already been set up for your business, go to Insights (Dashboards) > Pulse and select the Your Topics tab. See the category titles, number of associated topics, description, and status.
To see the custom topics in a category, select the category to see the Edit Category dialog, which includes category details.
Create a category and add topics
Creating custom categories and topics enables you to improve analytics in areas that are important to your business.
Before you can add or edit topics, your user role settings must include Edit Your Topics. For more information about user role settings, see the help articles User Roles Settings for Insights Dashboards and Managing LocationHQ Roles (User Types) in the Account Settings section in the Chatmeter Support Center.
To create a custom category and add custom topics, follow these steps:
- Go to Insights (Dashboards) > Pulse and select the Your Topics tab.
- Select Create Category to display the Edit Category dialog.
- Supply a Category Name (required). The category name must be unique.
- A description is optional in the Description field. It must be no more than 200 characters.
- To add topics, type a (unique) topic name into the Topic Name field and press Return. The topic name must have more than three characters and you can’t have the same topic in more than one category.
- Select Save to complete the addition.
Edit a category
To edit a category, follow these steps:
- To view the details of a category select the category on the Your Topics page to open the Edit Category dialog.
- To edit the category:
- On Edit Category, you can change the category name and description. You can’t use the same category name more than once.
- To add a topic, type it into the Add Topics field and press Return
- To delete a topic, select it and then select the x on the left side
- Select Save to complete the changes.
Article is closed for comments.